Looking for a great pair of powered bookshelf speakers that won’t break the bank?
The right speakers can make a huge difference in the great sound you are looking for.
You want a pair of great looking speakers with crisp highs, punching, and distinct mids, and deep, undistorted lows.
Does that sound like what you’re looking for?
Today, we’ll look at the best bookshelf speakers one can find for under $1000!
All right, let’s get to the article now!
- 1” Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- 5″ Spun Copper Cerametallic Woofers
- Bass-Reflex via Rear-Firing Tractrix port
- Dual binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp
- Strong, Flexible Removable Magnetic Grille
The redesigned The Reference Premiere series is a great starting point in this list.
These speakers have had some major improvements.
These speakers were already great in the previous version. Now they are even better.
The signature feature of the RP-600Ms is the Cerametallic Woofers.
The robust bass that comes from these speakers will fill your home.
The vented tweeter housing avoids unwanted harmonics with great skill. The result, clear undistorted versions of your favorite songs.
These are great looking speakers too.
They have copper anodized trim rings, cast aluminum feet, satin painted baffles, and a laser-etched logo.
The Reference Premiere II series adds a very modern but premium look.
The materials the speakers are made from are top-notch so they are going to last.
Klipsch is a nationally recognized name in the powered speaker market so these speakers would be a great choice.
- 5-inch mid-bass drivers
- Composite glass-fiber cones
- 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter
- SVS SoundMatch 2–way crossover enhanced by expertly refined topology
- Tapered edges on the cabinet’s front baffle
The SVS Ultras have a tonal balance that opens up to fantastic dynamics.
Audiophile approved; they have great craftsmanship.
The technology in these speakers is top-notch and you will not be disappointed.
The high end is very crisp and not harsh.
The low-frequency extension keeps the bass from being muddy or distorted.
They are clear and distinct and will give you a very well-balanced sound.
The tapered edges minimize distortion very well.
The speakers are built with great, high-quality materials that will make them last.
These speakers are likely best looking and one of the best-sounding speakers on the list.
So if you are in the market, don’t hesitate!
- Built-in Class A/B monoblock power amplifiers
- Inputs include analog, optical and Advanced Bluetooth aptX
- Audiophile-grade components
- Furniture finishes and magnetic grilles
- Solid aluminum remote control
These speakers come in just behind the stars of the list – SVS Ultra’s, but could easily sit at number one!
They are very pretty speakers!
Guests may just want to get up close to examine them.
The HD6s by Audioengine are very substantial and incredibly sturdy.
They also put out fantastic sound.
You want to place them carefully and play around with the location.
The remote is quite sensitive but if you point them directly at the speakers you will have no problems.
The low end is great and punchy but will not overpower the highs and mids.
The tweeters are silk dome and detailed you a high end that is gentle and not too sharp.
They also give you a very well-rendered midrange.
The HD6s bring out overdrives and reverbs that you may have never heard before.
They are a powerful, warm sounding option, that is solidly constructed and will produce a very balanced sound.
- Built-in powered amplifiers, 50 watts per channel RMS
- Compatible with both Mac & PC
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- 1/8″ and RCA inputs, USB power, all cables included
The A5s are the cheapest pair of speakers on this list but don’t let that fool you.
They have some big sound!
They may not give you the same punch and clarity of others on this list, but, they will give you some great sound and save a little money doing it.
Dali Oberon 3
- Seamless Room Integration and Wide Dispersion
- Anchored by a seven-inch woofer
- Construction Emphasizes Low Mechanical Loss
- Recommended for shelving or stands
The Dali Oberon 3s are one of the best speakers on this list.
With a large woofer, the bass that you get from this speaker could be the best you can get in this size of the speaker.
The tweeter gives you clear and clean highs and great mids but won’t be too sharp.
They’re built c to minimize distortion or vibrations.
The price of these speakers is also one of the best features about them.
Noting should need to be added to these speakers to give you more bass.
This might just be your speakers if you’re looking for a clean speaker and not much else.
Dynaudio LYD 5
- Awards Winner for Best Active Speaker
- Bluetooth and onboard physical inputs
- Supplied remote control
- 28mm tweeter and 14cm mid/bass driver sit in the solid aluminum baffle
- Twin 65W amplifiers
You will want to be careful where you put these Dynaudio LYD 5.
They are sensitive to placement.
But, they have incredible sound when you have put them in the right spot.
They feature Bluetooth control, a remote, or can be controlled on top of the speaker itself.
Built with top-notch materials are great minimizing distortion.
The LYD 5 will give you high fidelity tones in a small package.
The LYD 5 speakers won awards for quality and sound which makes them one of the best pairs of speakers on this list.
MartinLogan Motion 15
- Folded Motion Tweeter requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1-Inch dome tweeter
- Lightning-fast response time
- High-gloss finish and aesthetic certain to blend with any décor
- Precision-built advanced topology Vojtko crossover and high-performance aluminum cone woofer
- 5-way bi-wire binding posts
The Motion 15s have a Folded Motion Tweeter that lowers distortion tremendously and features a very fast response time.
It’s engineered with a very large surface area (much larger than a typical 1-Inch dome tweeter) That provides such a clear sound.
The topology Vojtko crossover along with the high-performance woofer results in a fantastic low end without distortion.
These speakers may be a little understated, but the gloss makes them pretty nice.
They should fit in with whatever décor you may have.
Focal Aria 906
- Innovative Dynaudio technologies
- High-performance soft dome tweeters
- MSP (magnesium silicate polymer) mid/bass drivers
- Large diameter lightweight aluminum voice coils
- 1st order crossover
The guts of the Aria 906 make them one of the best bookshelf speakers on this list.
They have very impressive performance capabilities with soft dome tweeters, MSP mid/bass drivers.
They also have large diameter voice coils.
You will hear the high-quality neutral sound and exquisite detail that you never thought were in your favorite songs.
They have linear impedance and high-power handling capabilities.
You will be able to seamlessly integrate these speakers into other systems very easily.
- The newest iteration of KEF award-winning Q Series
- 5” Uni-Q driver Array
- Internal architecture has been redesigned to reduce internal resonances to improve audio clarity
- Available in black and white matte vinyl finish
The Q-series has won awards for outstanding quality.
The new Q350’s have been redesigned cabinet which looks fantastic and makes them very sturdy.
The Q-driver Array has been enhanced and will smooth out treble frequencies.
The crossovers have been reimagined and will give you clean bass production.
Are you looking to fill the room with some great sounding bass?
These are your speakers.
The Q350’s are some of the best bookshelf speakers on the market.
They are a fantastic option for any audiophile.
- 1” titanium-loaded tweeters with tractrix horns
- 5” woofers with a ported enclosure
- 1 x pair of RCA phono level inputs with a switch for phono/line input versatility (phono Pre-Amp with ground screw terminal)
- Bluetooth wireless technology
These are stunning speakers.
They look fantastic with a nice retro look.
The placement of R-41PM is extremely important.
However, once you have that right the sound is absolutely amazing.
Make sure you play around with them before deciding on a location.
It will be worth it.
The true potential of R-41PM is to give you crisp highs, clear midrange, great bass.
They are very simple, and great if you are looking for a great sounding speaker without going all-in with a component system.
Definitive Technology D11
- 1″ Aluminum Dome Tweeter with 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens
- BDSS (Balanced Double Surround System) Midrange/woofer
- Linear Response Waveguide
- Integrated passive bass radiator in each speaker
- Clean, Modern Industrial Design
These speakers have a great industrial look.
Want some silver in your decor?
Look no further!
You will be blown away with the clear, incredible sound that comes from the D11s.
You may have just found your last speakers.
The bass punchy and the treble is clear without sharpness.
The magnetic grills look fantastic! However, they also lower distortion levels.
The D11s could easily be in the two or one spots on this list!
But, with all of the great speakers here it was very hard to decide.
Definitive Technology SM65
- The second-generation patented 5-1/4″ BDSS mid/bass drivers with Linear Response Waveguide technology
- Cast aluminum driver baskets
- A second generation pure aluminum dome tweeter
- Non-resonant braced enclosure
- High-gloss anti-diffraction baffle
- Top-mounted racetrack bass radiator
- Premium Mylar capacitors
These really are some of the best powered bookshelf speakers on the market.
The SM65s give you fantastic performance.
These speakers are built with racetrack bass radiator technology including a patented Balanced Double Surround System.
These features give you longer excursion for incredible clarity and detail.
The total bass puts out the same as a single 12-inch woofer but gives you great control and definition.
Last update on 2020-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API